Sunday, November 9, 2008

A day in the life of us

Today was a typical day. Fulls of ups and downs and laughter and tears. But it was a good day. It started out amazing, a got a phone call at 630 this morning. Most people wouldn't be as excited as I was to receive a phone call that early. I, however, was ecstatic. I was able to talk to Jonathan for almost 30 minutes!! The kids weren't awake, so I got a whole phone call to myself. On top of that, I got Jonathan pictures. It is amazing seeing him. Most people wouldn't understand how a picture can totally make your week, your month, your year. I miss his goofy smile. Man I love that guy.

The kids got up and we watched some cartoons. It was nice and relaxing, an almost perfect Sunday morning. Then, I was feeling mighty ambitious and we all went to Walmart. We spent almost three hours there. I know that seems like a long time and it is. The kids were good though!! They were great, they let me let me spend all that time there. It was great and almost relaxing. Sure the babies were running around running away, but they didn't freak out on me. I got to walk down all the aisles I wanted to. Normally that doesn't happen.

We got home and I thought that they were going to sleep, boy was I wrong. I threw them all off schedule and it wasn't their nap time. So this afternoon, we chilled. We cuddled and watched movies and read books. I made dinner and that is when the full scale meltdown occurred. They didn't want to eat or sit or drink or look at me. Yeah, they went to bed at 745. If I was smart, I would go to bed now. Unfortunately, I'm not that smart, I'm going to stay up and watch Private Practice and Bones and maybe even some House.

Oh, I forgot to mention, as I was putting the kids to bed, I went to get them diapers. What do you know, I didn't have any left. Crap, three hours at Walmart and I didn't get the one thing I desperately needed.

Yep, just a normal day.

No comments: